In its 25-year history, We Card has gone from a startup nonprofit to the go-to organization for training materials and age-verification tools for retailers. During that time, the words ‘We Card’ transitioned to an action verb, a retail company policy and a corporate social responsibility program. Overall, We Card has played a major role in moving from a 40.1% violation rate in 1997 to a 9.6% violation rate in 2018.
- More than 1.1 million We Card kits have been sent
- More than 500,000 retail employees trained directly—who in turn generally train an additional 11 co-workers
- 90% of retail locations selling tobacco post We Card signage.
- We Card has provided retailers:
- 4.3 million age calculation tools
- 7 million training tools
- 60,000+ monthly website hits providing retailers with tools, law summaries and other key information needed to prevent underage sales.